Friday, September 30, 2011

Only a partial fail...

For those of you who don’t look at calendars, tomorrow is October 1st.  Last month I posted that I would be “wearing a pretty dress” twice in September due to my lack of wearing a pretty dress in August.  (#21 on my list in case you aren’t keeping track.) 

I have failed again.

I would offer up excuses like I’ve been moving, been busy driving between California and Arizona to see friends and family (none of which we did anything with that required a pretty dress), and I’m sure I could come up with more…but this is my Blog, my List, and therefore I’m giving myself another pass.

You may think that I’m slacking on my List, and you’d be correct.  But seeing as that I’ve had a crazy few months I’m letting myself not feel bad for that.  (I think this is actually taking care of #30 on my list…learning to be easier on myself…so really I’m getting things accomplished and should be given some kind of award, trophy, or maybe some miraculously delicious fat free/calorie free/won’t be seen on my hips tomorrow morning cookie.)

I HAVE, however, bought a pretty dress; I tried it on and everything so I DID wear it for all of 5 minutes in a dressing room if that partially counts for ONE of my two make-ups.  AND, Mr. and I have planned a nice date night next week so we can have some “us” time (something we haven’t had much of since landing Stateside) in which I will be wearing said dress. 

Now I only need to find 2 more excuses during October to wear a pretty dress and I can start November on a clean slate!  Wish me luck!    

No comments:

Post a Comment