Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pack-Out Loaners

We finished our pack-out today and it went much more smoothly than I could have hoped for.  The movers were really nice, packed our things incredibly well (as in bubble wrapping everything from our dishes to our shoes) and were completely done in just over 6 hours.  I like to think my “Monica Gellar” style of cleaning and organizing our things before the packers arrived had a lot to do with it.

Now we’ve got nothing in the house except the stuff we’ll be packing for our journey back to the States, a TV Mr. took from work for us to use, our laptops (crucial), and 6 pieces of amaaaazing loaner furniture.  (Sense my sarcasm???) 

Our loaner furniture consists of a lovely vinyl couch circa 1980, a small dresser that weighs as much as a baby elephant which we have decided to use as a TV stand in the living room, a miss-matched set of two dining chairs and a dining table that smells like cheap Spanish cologne, and a microwave that is so huge I’m pretty sure I could cook a turkey in it if I had the craving. 

Say what you want about this base, but Naval Station Rota really knows how to send you off in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment