Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Great news, I'm a genius!

Am I the only one that gets sick of online articles pointing out obvious facts like the people writing them are geniuses for coming up with it?  Today while I was enjoying some down time at the Howell’s I started doing what I love, perusing the MSN website for “news”.  (Quotes around news because MSN is probably far from what most would consider newsworthy, but it’s usually pretty interesting to me so I qualify it as news.)  However, today I read a couple articles and felt like throwing my computer across the room.  When I see an article entitled “How to Eat for $7 or Less a Day” or “Rules for staying trim all your life” I expect to find something that will actually educate me and help me to better understand what I should be doing to make my life better.  (Or at least make my figure better, which is one in the same.)

How to Eat for $7 or Less a Day

"Buy in bulk", "compare prices", and "shop discount" were some of the gems I picked out of this informative piece of work.  Well of course I’ve been spending too much on my groceries…I buy single items, only go to one store to buy everything I need regardless of the prices, and only buy things that are full priced…

Rules for staying trim all your life

My favorite snippet…”lean people move around”.  Um, really?  So you can’t lead a completely sedentary life and be lean?  Shocking!

There are many more articles just like these that point out the obvious like it’s a newfound brilliant idea.  I’ve come to only one conclusion about this dilemma. 

I’m a genius.  Clearly it’s the only explanation for me already knowing these facts.  Don’t worry, I won’t forget the little people when I win my Nobel Prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment