Monday, September 19, 2011

We're baaaaaaaack!

It’s amazing how much can happen in just FOUR days!  Since I’ve been horrible about blogging daily, here’s a quick recap of our busy weekend:

-          Flew from Rota to Norfolk military bases, taxied to Norfolk civilian airport, flew from Norfolk to Atlanta, then from Atlanta to San Diego!  Got in at 9PM instead of 10AM like we were originally supposed to, and it all took ONLY 26 hours!!!  (Email me if you want my travel agents card, clearly they are awesome.)

-          Ate breakfast out at a real American restaurant where I literally finished half of what was on my plate and was full.  The portion sizes are ridiculous, but eating out in the morning was VERY exciting (especially since breakfast in Spain is pretty much a tortilla of some sort and café con leche…not as good as a big ole American breakfast!).

-          Went to a grocery store and spent $100 on basically nothing.  Shampoo, conditioner, a case of beer, some bread, and a few other things somehow added up to $101.97.  After I picked up my jaw from the floor, I paid and vowed to go to the commissary at Camp Pendleton to stock up before Mr. gets out.

-          Went to Campland by the Bay in Mission Bay to have a BBQ with my side of the family.  We finally got to meet my cousins beautiful wife and their absolutely adorable little girl as well as my other cousins girlfriend, all of whom we’ve heard so much about.  It is great to finally put a real, live face to the names and it was a great night of yummy food, beer, and camp fires (that eventually stopped smoking…)

My cousin smoking out Mr. by the campfiresmoke


-          WENT FOR A RUN.  We’re back in America, we’re eating American food, we don’t want to gain all the weight we’ve worked so hard to lose, we ran.  Enough said.

-          Travelled up to see my Nana in the rehab center she is currently staying at.  (No, not like Lindsay Lohan rehab; she broke her hip and had to get it replaced and is working on walking again.)  The entire family warned us that she was looking older and to not be surprised, but she looked absolutely gorgeous to me!  I don’t know if it’s that she’s had some time to start healing, or that she cleaned up especially nice for us, but she looked as put together as always and absolutely stunning!  (Although she pointed out she couldn’t be put together because she wasn’t wearing earrings or nail polish!)  It was a great hour sitting, talking, catching up, and just being with my favorite person…someday I want to be just like her with all her humor, grace, and beauty.

Mr., Nana, and I in the "fish room".


-          And lastly, we went to a BBQ with my girls last night.  It was like I’d never left.  I’m so very lucky to have them in my life, and so glad that Mr. already has so much in common with B and Potter (because regardless we’ll be spending a lot of time with these people).  Great food, awesome drinks as always, and the best company.  It was so nice to finally have a GN where one of us wasn’t drinking at 4AM because of the time difference.  Crossing my fingers we’ll be in this time zone, and close to Southern California, for a while because I’m definitely not ready to give up the face-time yet.
Not sure what the jazz-hands are about, but we're super cute!

All this and I’m amazingly not jet-lagged!  Well, I’m up at 6 even though I only got 6 hours of sleep last night, so maybe that’s my jet-lag??  Either way I’m happy, we’re back baby!

1 comment: