Sunday, October 16, 2011

Clearly October is a busy month...

The past two weeks have been crazy-busy, hence my boycotting my blog.  I apologize to all you avid readers, I’ll try not to let this much time pass between posts again. 

To make it up to you, here is a quick recap of the last two weeks in the life of Shana:

-          Howell family get together where I met cousins, aunts, uncles, and TONS of kids I’d never met before.  Absolutely love Mr.’s side of the family, lucky me!

-          Went to my very first hockey game…in Arizona.  (I find this hilarious since it’s HOCKEY…on ICE…in the middle of the DESERT…)  Apparently it was preseason, so the Shark’s (our team) were  playing their 3rd string people which meant we totally lost…and there weren’t any good fights which is what I was expecting from this adventure…but still a great time.  Waiting to see my second hockey game in Anaheim hopefully sometime soon!

This is what we look like in a hockey arena...

 
-          Drove home from Arizona, kid-less.  Rory stayed with Grandma and Grandpa H., Jack and Sid have been temporarily adopted by cousin Ashley, and we had a VERY quiet ride home without all the meowing.

-          Shopped for and purchased our very first new car!  And no, not new to us, but actually NEW!  It is a 2011 Toyota Prius, we love it, and for all of those who asked no…they don’t just pass them out when you arrive in California.  (Although I totally think they should!) 

So pretty and new!  We're still coming up with a name for her...


-          Found Beyonce!!!  (For those of you totally confused by this, click here.)  Apparently the blog-icon was vacationing in none other than Escondido, California. 

I only wish she was for sale...


-          Had my first sans-boys GN since arriving back in California.  This hasn’t happened since the NYC trip of 2010, so I was VERY excited.  We took no pictures, but we ate great food, drank pink panties, and watched Bridesmaids…the only thing missing was Katie.

-          Bought these amazing shoes. 
You know you love them.

-          Dealt with some B-side family stuff which I don’t want to get in to at the moment, but which will be a completely new blog once I get around to writing it.  Stay tuned.

-          Had some fabulous dinners with some of my favorite people.

-          And last, but definitely not least…I finally wore a pretty dress!!!  It’s my first of three that I owe myself for skipping out the past two months on my 30/30 list goal.  Now to come up with two more places in the next two crazy-busy weeks to wear pretty dresses!

Proof of pretty dress 1 of 3.  And yes, I always stand like this next to a piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment