Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hasta Luego!

Today we leave Spain.  After 1,168 days of living here in Rota we’re boarding a plane and taking off for the States.  (Okay, technically TOMORROW we’re leaving Spain…but we are supposed to check in to our flight tonight, fingers crossed, so I think leaving today still fits.)  Family and friends State side keep saying we’re “coming home”, but to me it doesn’t feel that way.  California will always be my home State, but for the past 3+ years SPAIN has been my home…or more accurately, Mr. has been my home and we’ve built our house in Spain.  Tomorrow I’m leaving my house, taking my home with me, and hoping that in the next 3 months we can find somewhere we fit in the world and learn to love it as we did Rota. 

My plan was to write a blog about Spain…what I’ll miss, who I’ll miss, what I’ve loved about being here, what I’m looking forward to…but my emotions are all over the place and putting together one coherent thought it proving more difficult than I expected.

Instead, I’ll go quietly with just a few thoughts to express.  I’m going to miss living here and I feel so lucky to be taking back with me the memories and experiences I have had living overseas.  We have seen more than we ever expected of Europe and I feel we’ve really made the most of our time here.  It has been the perfect first chapter in my life as Mrs. Howell, and I’m excited to take on chapter 2 head on!

Lastly, thank you to the amazing people we have met…the friends that have become our extended family.  You all have made our time here unforgettable.

Hasta luego Rota!!!  On to more adventures in the States…or wherever it is we end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment