Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yay Vino!

Yesterday Mr. and I got Iphones.  It’s VERY exciting.  Especially since it’s been 3+ years since I’ve had my own phone, and when I did there was no such thing as “apps” and “smart phones”.  (Okay, there WERE smart phones, but I couldn’t afford one so it didn’t count.) 

After spending about 3 hours programming numbers into the phone, downloading the Facebook app, and syncing my email account I started perusing the apps. 

Voila!

I found EXACTLY what I needed!  #7 on my list is now complete! 

7.  Learn a lot more about wine.  CHECK!

Two apps (both FREE, bonus!), which are now in a cute little folder on my phone titled “vino” have helped me to accomplish another task on my 30/30 list.  And just in the nick of time since it’s been A WHILE since I’ve been able to check anything off the list!

App #1: Corkbin.  A-MAZ-ING!  I can instantly learn what wines pair well with what foods, or what foods pair well with what wines (which I’ll probably use more because generally I order wine before food).  PLUS, there is an entire dictionary of wine terms which I can use to learn what people mean when they say a wine is “angular” or “unctuous”.  I’m already sounding smarter!

App #2: Wine Notes.  Gone are the days of buying a bottle of wine and realizing it’s the same bottle I bought two weeks ago and hated.  I can take pictures of the label, enter all the information about it from the producer to the country it’s made in, and then I can add my own notes so I can remember if I liked it, loved it, or hated it. 

I have a feeling apps are going to be my new obsession, but if I keep finding ones like this I’m a happy camper!  If only I’d had this app 3 years ago!  Yay vino!

No comments:

Post a Comment