Monday, September 5, 2011

Trashy


This weekend Mr. and I were packing royalty!  We absolutely rocked getting our house ready for the move and although I’m sure there will be another hundred panic attacks between now and Thursday when the movers come I feel much more prepared than I did before our long weekend.

However, one thing irked me incredibly this weekend, and it happened today…lucky for you I’m in a sharing mood. 

 Trash rant: 

Today we had three completely unkempt children literally playing with our trash.  We have disposed of a lot of stuff that we didn’t want/need and was not donate-able; broken umbrellas, holey clothes, old dishes, our broken Christmas tree thanks to our cats, and TRASH. 

When looking in my backyard I saw that there were children playing with the broken umbrellas.  Worried that they would get hurt (or leave them all over the playground behind our house) I sent Mr. out to tame the animals.  When he got there he found all three trash binds EMPTIED and the scavengers playing with not only the umbrellas but the rest of our trash!  Old Beggin’ Strips, scarves that had been pulled out of trash containing thrown out leftovers, etc…disgusting. 

Mr. stood there and had them clean it all up and I stood there waiting to see parents come out to see what was going on.  Waiting, waiting…no parents.  Where were these kids parents?!? 

I get it, kids get in to things.  I also get that bases, especially overseas, are a lot safer than the norm and that kids can go and play on their own in the neighborhood park.  I DON’T get why kids would go through GARBAGE like it’s Santa’s toy bag and I DON’T get why parents can’t teach their clearly-old-enough-to-know-better-children to NOT play in trash (let alone some strangers trash!). 

Rant over.

Overall a good weekend.  Hope everyone else had a great Labor Day!

P.S.  The most important thing I realized this weekend:  Patience is something that is learned, but like Chinese and anything above basic math skills, it is NOT something I will be able to learn.  I think I’ll stop trying and instead focus my energy on something more attainable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment