Friday, August 26, 2011

Thoughts from the week...


I have not for the life of me been able to keep my thoughts organized.  I’ve started a ton of different blogs about all kinds of things on my mind, but as I get to the middle of one thought I go off on a tangent and soon the entire point of the blog turns to gibberish!  I blame it on us being less than three weeks from go-time with, still, a zillion things to do.  So instead of writing one cohesive blog about a certain topic, here’s what’s been on my mind this week. 

-          Spanish internet is ridiculously awful.  The speed is about a millisecond faster than dial-up, which seeing as that the internet has been around for 20+ years is just sad.  I mean, really, aren’t we a little old for this?  Not to mention I have to keep re-booting the modem because the internet decides to turn off for no apparent reason.  Awesome.


-          I am officially an IPod snob.  I had the pleasure of borrowing a friends car this last week and had to listen to the radio to and from work and it wasn’t pleasant.  Not only do the DJ’s in the morning have horrible banter that would make a deaf person cringe, but since when did sound like Ke$ha qualify as music?  I may not have the best taste in music, and I may not have the same taste as everyone else, but at least I have SOME taste!


-          After reading a blog about same-names I decided to Google Shana Howell.  The first couple Shana’s I found were a research assistant at a military medicine facility in DC and a dental hygienist graduate from Rhodes State College.  Now I’m feeling pretty behind and am thinking I should hurry up and get my degree…or at least lie about it on the internet so Google makes me look good.


-          After spreading the news about our return date to California, I’ve set up a family BBQ, a BBQ night with my girls, a concert with a couple of my favorite people, and a hockey game with the Howell’s.  Everyone is so excited for us to get back and I’m feeling very loved!  The excitement is slowly starting to drone out the panic.


That’s all for now as I feel another rant coming on and don’t want this to turn into yet another erased could-have-been-post.  Happy weekending! 

No comments:

Post a Comment