Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hard times call for Hard Rock!


Tomorrow morning Mr. and I leave for Malaga. Normally this would be VERY exciting because we won't be in Rota for the day, but this time I am incredibly sad about it. We are taking Rory (our amazing dog, at least when she's not peeing on something) to be shipped off to California.


Due to the military only allowing us to ship two pets home with us, we have paid (A LOT) for Rory to be shipped a few weeks before our move. (This irritates me enough to be another blog post all together...they'll ship a family of eight to Rota WITH pets, but they definitely can't ship three pets for a couple that has decided to *gasp* not have children during their time in Rota…TOTALLY makes monetary sense…)


Anyway, Rory will be flying on her own from Malaga to Frankfurt, Germany, then off to Los Angeles where my awesome Dad has volunteered to pick her up and get her back to Escondido.  She’ll stay with Mom & Dad B. for the week until Mom & Dad H. pick her up for her last leg of the journey to Arizona where she will be staying until we figure out what we’re doing when we’re jobless/homeless.  Yes, we have amazing family and the best support system EVER!  I’m forever grateful.    


I’m very nervous for her flight…she’ll be all alone and I’m afraid she’ll think we’ve ditched her.  It will be over a month until we see her again, A MONTH!  We’ve got her crate all set up and she doesn’t appear to dislike it too much, so that’s a plus.  I’ve shipped a care package out to Mom & Dad B. which should have arrived already with some toys, bones, and treats that she loves so that she’ll feel right at home.  I’ve done everything I can to make this the smoothest move possible for her.  Still, so sad.  I feel like a mom dropping her kid off at kindergarten for the first day of school, except I won’t come to pick up my kid for a month!  (Dramatic, I know, but Rory IS my kid!)


 I guess it’s more like camp…yeah, like a mom dropping her kid of at camp for the first time.


On the bright side, after dropping Rory off we’ll be hitting up the Hard Rock in Marbella for lunch.  And Tuesday morning (our Tuesday night) we’ll get the call telling us Dad B. has Rory and she’s safe and sound in California…one less thing to stress about during our move!

Rory, all ready for her big journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment