Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's Anniversary Season!

I’m pretty lucky.  Every year, I get TWO anniversaries!  Anniversary #1, which just happens to be today, is the day I trekked up to Orange County with my mom as my witness to sign paperwork to officially become Mrs. Howell.  Anniversary #2, exactly one month later on May 11th, is the day we had our wedding.  This means TWICE the presents and TWICE the celebrations EVERY year…which is pretty much awesome.

For anniversary #1 last year, we went to Venice…Italy, not the beach;  the year before we went to the Campania region of Italy and toured the Amalfi Coast, Capri, and Pompeii; and for our first anniversary #1, we went to the Running of the Bull festival in Arcos de la Frontera, Spain.

Needless to say it’s hard to top living in Europe and being able to afford and have the time to do those things. 

For example, this year there will be no jaunts to Italy.  Instead, we will be showing my parents our new home (the model of it at least), and then heading to dinner at Kona Grill in good ole Gilbert, Arizona!

Kona sounds pretty Hawaiian to me though, so I suppose if I squint real hard and drink a bunch of Mai Tais I may be able to pretend we’re celebrating our four year anniversary #1 in Hawaii.

AND, buying a home is on my 30/30 list…so I’m working towards a pretty huge goal too. 

Happy Four Year Anniversary #1 Mr.!  I’m so lucky to get to celebrate twice…and to be married to my best friend who has always worked so hard to make all my dreams a reality.  (Wow, that sounded cheesey, but it’s totally true!)

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment