Thursday, February 9, 2012

Great Boring Intentions

I had great intentions these past few weeks.  After my Pity Party post Mr. and I went on a long weekend trip to Los Angeles to visit my Uncle Bill and Joann.  Although we mostly did the touristy things which weren’t all that blog worthy…we DID go to a tapas place called Three Drunken Goats (which is obviously blog worthy just because of the name!), AND we went to Venice Beach which I’m pretty sure I could write an entire hilarious novel about.

Pretty much sums up the entire Venice Beach trip...and possibly the name for my book?

On our drive home on Sunday the sad inevitable happened however, which stopped my blog-ideas in my tracks.  My Audrey Hepburn-esque Nana passed away.  My entire family was as prepared as possible for this, but it didn’t make it any easier…so getting back Mr. and I spent a few days helping to pack up her apartment and be with family.  I then had my second great intention of writing a blog in memory of my Nana…but no matter what words I put on the page they never seemed right.  So I didn’t post.

Then, a few days ago, Mr. and I went to Disneyland.  My cousin-in-law Bri is participating in the Disney College Program and invited us up for the day to hop the parks with her on her day off.  A fun day, AND we totally saw Coach Beiste from Glee!  (Dot Jones for those of you who live under a rock and have no idea who I’m talking about or what Glee is.)  Mr., however, pointed out that Johnny Depp was supposedly in the park the day before…and since we weren’t there then and didn’t see him it’s really not all that exciting to see a “C list celebrity like Coach Beiste”.  His words, not mine.  Plus, I was too excited seeing someone famous that I forgot the cardinal rule…TAKE A PICTURE…so, pictureless, I didn’t post.

I DID take this gem of a picture...do you like my surprised/excited face?


Then we found out this week about a job fair in Phoenix.  Although I’m not 100% stoked on the idea of moving from (in my opinion) the best state, California, the job finding process has been more difficult than we expected so I suppose Arizona would be the next best thing.  Mostly because Mr. has family there and it’s a quick, cheap flight to San Diego (or a 6 hour drive, which will TOTALLY be worth it when I need a girl’s fix).  PLUS, Mr. agreed that if we moved there we could get a big house so my friends will totally have a place to crash with a big pool so that my friends will actually want to come visit!  So off he went, leaving me a bit bored…so…

I posted it all!  You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment