Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hiking

Today Mr. and I went hiking at Daley Ranch.  This is the second time we’ve gone this week, so I like to think of myself as super outdoors-y now.  I plan on getting a North Face jacket soon to prove my point.
The first time we went was Valentine’s Day.  We aren’t big on celebrating this “holiday”, but we figured we could get our cardio in and throw in a picnic for good measure so off we went.  It was a good day, nice weather, and we hiked about 4 miles on some really pretty scenic trails that went by a couple small lakes.  I had a surprisingly good time, seeing as that I am not a huge fan of middle of nowhere, buggy, dirty places…which made me think that today was going to be a good idea as well.
Don't we look like happy hikers???

Since it was so great last time, we decided to take a longer trail.  A good portion of this trail was quite narrow, rocky, and a little too middle of nowhere for my liking.  Shockingly I didn’t trip or fall…my clumsy side had apparently taken a hiatus for the day…but my panicky side was out in force.  I spent the majority of today looking out for rattlesnakes, worrying what would happen if I saw a rattlesnake, examining what could only be the world’s largest cougar-mountain lion hybrid tracks, and worrying some more that I kept hearing the cougar-mountain lion hybrid in the bushes.  (Mr. said it was wind…I’m pretty sure we were being stalked.)
I also got some pretty gnarly blisters on my heels.  We hiked farther than last time, but I wore the same shoes, so I’m a little annoyed about this. 

All and all we got some good cardio in again though (better than last time since I made Mr. run with me through parts of the trail that I deemed too scary to simply walk through).  Plus, we made it back safe and sound…other than the blisters.
Hope everyone else is having a giant-cougar-mountain lion hybrid free weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You sound like me with hiking!! I swear I always hear things in the bushes, and it sends me into panic mode!

    ReplyDelete