Sunday, February 19, 2012

Waffle Rant

Mr. loves Belgian waffles.  Since I am such a doting wife and I plan on winning the 2012 Spouse of the Year Award (I hear the prize is mimosas in bed, all you can eat cookies, and a foot massage), I made Mr. Belgian waffles this morning.

I must admit, it has been quite a while since I’ve taken on this task.  We gave away our waffle maker before leaving Spain, and although he got a waffle maker for Christmas from his Secret Santa, I haven’t had the time (or more, the willingness) to make his favorite breakfast. 

But today, I made the waffles.

It’s easy really, and I enjoy them almost as much as Mr.  However, the clean-up is what I absolutely detest.

WHY are waffle makers so hard to clean!?!  I mean honestly, the time I spend cleaning the stupid machine after making waffles makes it almost worth spending $30 to go out to breakfast instead;  or an even better idea, throwing out the waffle maker and buying a new one each time I make them.

No matter how I clean it, it’s still greasy.  I follow the instructions, soap and water only.  I don’t even think about submerging any portion of the machine in water or it will die a horrible death and possibly shock you or set fire to your kitchen…according to the manual. 

I feel like this is an easy fix for the waffle maker making industry.  Have the plates be dish washer safe and *gasp* removable.  I have yet to find this model anywhere.

If anyone has any ideas or has seen the magical waffle maker I suggested above, please let me know!  Until then, all I can do is struggle on.  That award is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment