Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brunch!

Today was an awesome day.  Laura Day, to be exact.  19 days late, but us girls finally got together to celebrate Laura’s birthday!  We had a great time shopping and just hanging out, but even more exciting was the amazing brunch we had.

I’ve never been a brunch person, and unless you count making brunch on our own because Mr. and I slept in too late for an actual breakfast I’m almost positive I haven’t actually ever had brunch before.  The place we ate at today has officially converted me however, and I’m shocked I have never fully appreciated what must be the most important (and forgotten in my case) meal of the day!

We went to 3rd Corner Wine Shop and Bistro in Encinitas.  Obvious potential just from “wine shop” being part of the name.  I had Cap’n’Crunch French Toast (combining not only my love for carb-loaded breakfast brunch food, but CEREAL!) and it was absolutely delicious; a cup of fruit for starters made me feel less piggy for all the carbs.  Plus, there was a side of yummy potatoes that came along with it, which I’ve noticed is never the norm for French toast.  Pancakes come with eggs and hash browns just about everywhere, but apparently French toast doesn’t deserve a side.  Or maybe it’s because it’s French and they have a bad reputation about getting along well with others…?

(Don’t get all offended, other than the people who worked in the metro I enjoyed France and the people there…but come on…it’s a little true.)

However, the meal wasn’t what convinced me that “brunch rocks” should be shouted from the rooftops.  It was what came WITH brunch.

Bottomless mimosas.  BOTTOMLESS!  As in, “I see your glass is empty for the fourth time in a row, would you like a complimentary refill of champagne with a splash of orange juice?” bottomless. 

PERFECTION! 

Cheers to Laura and a late birthday celebration, and cheers to brunch!

1 comment: