Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year Resolution!

Hello 2012!  Everyone have their New Year resolutions ready?

Although I’m sure there are many things I SHOULD resolve to do this year, I have only one that I am making my priority.

Celebrate 2013 in style. 

Yep, that’s it.  And I don’t mean wearing Prada. 

Last night, Mr. and my bro and sis-in-law celebrated New Years together.  Although I had a great time and love getting to spend some family time with the in-laws, it wasn’t exactly our most glamorous of New Years celebrations.

That being said, it wasn’t our least glamorous either.  I’m pretty sure that award would go to our first New Years in Spain, where we decided to stay home and watch the ball drop together only to have the cable go out at 11:59 and 55 seconds.  No joke.

Last night was definitely better than that.  We started off the evening with some beers and food at Buffalo Wild Wings…never disappointing.  Then we headed to the movies to see New Years Eve, fitting no?  When we got out of the movie at 10PM, we boycotted the original plan to head over to Tempe to see the Chip Drop.  (This deserves some explanation.  I must admit, I’m bummed that I missed what I’m sure was a glorious way to ring in 2012.  100,000+ Arizonians gather together to watch a giant metal tortilla chip, with mirrors on it to represent salt of course, drop into a giant jar of salsa.  Genius!)  Instead, we headed to Walmart, clearly the second best option…grabbed some beers and headed home.  After lighting sparklers with the nephews, we rang in the New Year drinking beer and playing Apples to Apples…with a slight pause at 11:59 to watch the NYC ball drop.

So, not glamorous, but fun.  But NEXT year, resolution #1 will be upheld.  Whether it’s flying to NYC, San Francisco, New Orleans, or just driving down to the Gaslamp Quarter in San Diego…next year Mr. and I will be out on the town celebrating 2013 the way every alcohol and party planning company intended!

Hope everyone had a safe and fun New Years Eve!  Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment