Friday, December 30, 2011

Never a Dull Moment...

Yesterday Mr. and I drove out to Arizona for what feels like the hundredth time since arriving back in the States.  This time, it was to have our week late Christmas celebration with his family.  It’s pretty exciting really…started off the holiday season with a party with my girls (all FOUR of us!), then had a pretty awesome Christmas with my family where Mr. got to experience the always fun Christmas Eve party, and now we get to end the season with yet another fabulous get together!  

The six hour drive to get from Escondido to Queen Creek seems to be getting longer however.  I’m pretty sure they’ve been adding road since our last trek, but the clock continues to tell me it really was only a six hour drive.  Liar.

As always, it was an eventful drive at least!  Here are the highlights from our journey:

-          Saw about 20 low-flying helicopters (and no, for once I am NOT exaggerating) that appeared to be putting up new, giant power lines through the mountains.  I would have gotten pictures, but I was driving and apparently this didn’t seem picture-worthy to Mr.  I DID manage to stay on the road while playing the part of dramatic looky-loo.  Impressive, yes?

-          Watched a dog in the back of a truck trying to eat what we guessed was flying hay.  Had about ten heart attacks thinking said dog was going to jump out of the truck bed…glared at truck driver as I drove past that had an extended cab with NOTHING in it where the dog could have been riding safe and sound.

-          Saw a parked truck in the middle of nowhere.  By itself, this isn’t that amusing.  However, this truck was parked in the EXACT same spot as it was last month when we drove to and from Arizona twice…not to mention it was parked in the same spot when we came out to Arizona in September too.  Seriously, NOTHING around for A LOT of miles. 

-          Passed a semi with about 500 bales of hay on it, uncovered…assured we were right about what the dog was trying to catch.

Okay, so maybe not as many fun things on this trip as there was last time, but I think the helicopter excitement totally makes up for it.  Too bad we didn’t get pictures…  And, to give you all a little cliffhanger, I plan on calling someone (CHP maybe?) if the truck is still parked there when we drive back to California next week…because someone should totally check that out.  To be continued…?

1 comment:

  1. I love that you keep up on.your blogging. Definitely call on that truck... what if there is a body in there?

    ReplyDelete