Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Arrowhead Getaway

This weekend Mr. and I went up to my family’s cabin in Lake Arrowhead.  We wanted to spend my birthday weekend away, and, lucky us, my parents okayed us to take our first solo trip as a special getaway!  Even more lucky, my girls and their Mr.’s were able to join us too!

It was such a great weekend, and an awesome end to birthday week!  We drank, ate TONS of food, played games, and just hung out.  A perfect weekend if you ask me.  AND, bonus to the multiple bonuses so far, my girls got me an ice cream maker and a Ben & Jerry’s cook book…so #15 is well on the way to being checked off my 30/30 list!

Here’s a quick recap of Arrowhead Getaway 2012:

-          Park on the right, even if you don’t think the neighbors will show up.

-          Popov is not the best vodka, however it is incredibly fun to say in a Russian accent…made even more fun by consuming Popov first.

-          Bread is good for feeding both ducks and friends who have consumed too much Popov.

-          Mr. P gets the biggest fork…always.

-          If you send boys to buy ice, they will buy A LOT of ice.

-          Although the IPhone weather app clearly states the weather will be sunny and 70…it will more likely be 30 and freezing with a few flakes of snow.

-          Identity theft and caterpillars both translate into cocoons…at least they do when playing Telestrations.

-          Nothing beats getting away from the world for a week with friends who you can be your ridiculous self with, in pajamas and no makeup.


Proof of an awesome weekend...pajamas, no makeup, and snow!

Birthday week 28…the end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment