Monday, December 12, 2011

#16...check!

Yesterday I accomplished one of the most meaningful things on my 30/30 list.  It is something I wish hadn’t taken over 5 years to achieve, but at least it’s done!  (And, for the record, I don’t plan on future updates taking another 5 years!!!)


Amazingly enough, we all made it to the same place, at the same time, WITH a camera! 

The last time the four of us were together was at my wedding, which apparently was not the right time for a picture of all of us since I didn’t get a single shot of us girls the entire night.  (My biggest regret from my wedding.  FYI to all you future brides…make a list of the people you need pictures with before your wedding and give it to your photographer.  You’ll be crazy busy all day, and it’s the photographer’s job is to make sure you get the pictures you want…not yours!)

We’ve planned girls’ trips in the meantime while I was in Spain so we could all see each other.  The stupid blizzard weather stopped Katie from making it to NYC in 2010, and later that same year I missed the Borrego Springs trip (although my face on a stick showed up in MANY pictures!). 

But this year we all made it to the Cross’ for our first girls Christmas in 4 years!  Given it was only a 30 minute drive for Carolyn and I…but Katie came all the way from NY to be here.  And, bonus, brought her awesome boyfriend Micah along too so I could finally meet him in person! 

Enough with the rant…here’s #16 in all its glory. 
This is the original...Thanksgiving 2006, over 5 years ago!
Here we are, 2011, trying to make the same picture.  Close enough!

We took about a zillion pictures of the four of us...because we were all there, we wanted to, and, well, that's just who we are.  I won't make you look through them all...(although if you want to they will be up on my Facebook shortly of course!).  I think this one sums us up pretty well though!

Hands down THE best girls in the world...love them always.

No comments:

Post a Comment