Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Funk

So for the past few days I’ve been working on completing #25 on my list (finishing…although nowhere near purchasing…the photo-books of our last trips in Europe).  I’ve completed our last Italy trip to Venice, our Amsterdam book, and am not working on the 100 page Ireland book and can I just say…this is depressing!

I know, don’t complain right?  I mean, we DID get to actually take these trips.  But now, being back in the States and travel-less (unless you count Arizona) for the past 3 months, I’m getting the itch to go somewhere.  And…we can’t.

It’s temporary, but living in a motor home and being jobless really can put a damper in ones Christmas spirit. 

I miss having a house, having our things, and having money to celebrate the holidays in style.  Although it’s not all about money, I’m pretty sure it CAN buy happiness if used properly.  Going to dinners with good friends would make me happy…but we can’t because we have no money.  And forget having them over to our humble-abode-on-wheels to save money and make dinner for the night.  It would also be nice to reciprocate some of the wonderful gifts we’ve been given.  I know our friends and family don’t expect anything from us right now, but I hate being the one to give a lousy card in response to a $50 dinner/movie date night gift certificate. 

I do appreciate all we’ve been able to do, and that we have been able to do it all AND put a good deal in savings so we’re not drowning in credit cards right now.  I also, more than words can say, appreciate being “home” and able to spend the holidays with our family and friends.  Finally getting to mesh our family traditions together WITH family is priceless. 

Let’s just say I’m hoping that next year we’ll be giving out amazing presents to all those we adore to show them how much we truly do value them being understanding and non-judgmental of our current situation. 

I may be in a woe-is-me mood at the moment, but I’m so thankful for all that we have and the people that make our still amazing life possible.  Here’s to owning our own home filled with friends and family next year…fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment