Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pinterest!

So I was perusing some of my favorite blogs last night and came across an amazing website.  This is probably old news to a lot of you, and I’m not sure how I’ve never heard of it before, but it is fantastic and I’m officially obsessed!

Pinterest.  Or if you care to look at mine specifically, Pinterest!

For those who are like me and had never heard of this site before, it’s basically like creating your own bulletin boards on the internet full of beautiful pictures!  You can pin pictures you find all over the internet back to your boards and it links back to the original source…so not only are you showing off gorgeous pictures, but you’re educating  your “lookers”…recipes, craft ideas, travel places, fashion…you name it!  Your boards are shared with the community so they can re-pin your pictures if they so please (and of course they do because my pins are fantastic!).  It’s like Facebook for super creative people.  (I’m not super creative, but I’m definitely more motivated to be after spending hours on this site!)

So far here is a list of things I MUST do:

-          Make giant ice cubes with lemon slices in them using a cupcake pan…for punch of course which I drink daily.

-          Get all those maps I saved from our travels and sew the routes we took with pretty thread, frame it, and voila!  Art that will make me happy and reminiscent every time I look at it!

-          Tie pretty ribbons down a string of lights to make pretty garland.

-          Buy more clothes!  (Which I already knew I needed to do, but now I’ve got inspiration!)

Anywho, I’m apparently an ad for the site now.  Check it out, because I’m recommending it and if nothing else it’s a fun way to waste some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment