Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bates Nut Farm Day!

Yesterday Mr. and I headed out to Bates Nut Farm, a pumpkin patch I’ve been going to since I was a kid.  I thought I had planned well for this outing, seeing as that it is only a 20 minute drive from my parent’s house where we are staying, but apparently in 20 minutes it can get VERY warm.  Or maybe it’s because Bates is up in the hills so we we're closer to the sun…?

After 30 sweaty minutes of walking around the “Big Macs” patch, (and after I had Mr. pick up a giant pumpkin to see how much it weighed) we decided against spending $50 on a giant pumpkin and went back to the kiddo $6 pumpkin patch.  I think pumpkins were bigger when I was a kid, but then again I was smaller so maybe they just seemed bigger.  We picked out these beautiful pumpkins.
Our soon-to-be-Jack-o-Lanterns...


It took Mr. five minutes to find his, and then he patiently waited on a hay bale in the shade while I continued to bring pumpkin after pumpkin to him to figure out which one was best.  After 20 minutes of this I decided on my small pumpkin.  It will make a fantastic jack-o-lantern, you just wait!

To top it all off we got some toffee and peanut brittle at the store on our way out…because we wanted some snacks, but mostly because it is air conditioned in the store and we were ridiculously hot.  I love Bates.

No comments:

Post a Comment