Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Who knew Chi's were such multi-taskers?

I’ve done it.  I’ve finally done it! 

Last night Mr. and I went to dinner at my cousin’s house.  (I brought cheesecake, so I’m counting #17 on my list partially complete.)

I’d been thinking earlier that day about how I hadn’t written anything lately, and how I haven’t completed much on my list other than the pretty dresses.  And then it hit me…I had 4 hours until we had to leave.  Mr. was helping Dad B. with some toilet-sealing-issue that I had no interest in, so I was off the hook and completely free to do as I please. 

If you haven’t read, I’m really in to Pinterest.  I’ve been looking at all the amazing hair pins and it has been motivating me to tackle #24 (learn to do something with myhair other than straighten it every day).  This was it, my chance! 

…and I was feeling miraculously patient and willing to do it!

3 hours, about a zillion hair-tutorial-blogs read, and a few “ARGH” emails to one of my girls later and I’d done it!  I’d curled my own hair!

I’m pretty sure I should get some kind of medal, or trophy, or a cookie.  None of which I got. 

Here it is!!!
CURLS!  And I did it all by myself!


So yeah, not perfect…and not exactly what I was going for since I wanted more of a beachy-wave type curl, but it’s NOT straight so I was thrilled!  (Plus, this morning when I woke up it was TOTALLY the beachy-wave type curl I was going for…bonus!)

Special thanks to this girl whose hair tutorial video finally made sense to me, and thanks to Laura for sending me the link!  Oh, and extra special thanks to my hot-pink Chi! 

Now to tackle more do’s since I’m such a pro!

1 comment: