Monday, November 21, 2011

Driving and Surprises!

Today Mr. and I drove out to Arizona to celebrate our first Thanksgiving together Stateside with his family.  It was a pretty eventful drive, and although we had a HUGE surprise when we arrived (Mr.’s brother Josh, sister-in-law Colleen, and our niece Eleanor were here from Florida…our first time meeting Nora!) I don’t want to overlook the amazing things we saw on our 6-hour road trip. 

So before I go to bed and forget, and instead of ranting about how I’m going to spend the next 4 days working on #4 on my list, here is a quick recap of our drive.

-          Saw Beyonce! (The chicken, not the singer.)

-          Saw a two-story, metal brachiosaurus guarding a sketchy looking gas station

-          Decided to skip eating at a restaurant in the shape of a U.F.O.

-          Drove past a cactus wearing a red baseball cap (totally normal, no?)

-          Saw two beached motorboats along the back-roads we took, both of which were miles from any kind of home, car, or person.  (My guess is that these boats are Arizona’s way of being prepared for flash floods…?  If so, brilliant idea Arizonians!)

-          Debated whether or not the clouds looked more like a lamb or a chupacabra.  (I vote chupacabra.) 

So all and all, a great day!  More to come about my progress on #4…wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment