Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving 1-1

This last Sunday I was lucky enough to be able to host Thanksgiving for my girls!  Generally this isn’t my holiday to host, but since Mr. and I are currently living with my parents (did I not mention that before?) and said parents are on a cruise for a couple of weeks, I figured I’d take advantage of being a temporary homeowner. 

I’d like to take this moment to say I realize that it is now Wednesday, and this post is a bit late.  However, I came to the conclusion that

1.        I’m no longer 21 and

2.       It takes me a good couple of days to recover from being 1 of 3 girls to finish 7+ bottles of wine

That being said, Thanksgiving was FANTASTIC!  I can’t even begin to explain how great it felt to be back, but alas I will try. 

After three holidays being away from my girls, being able to be back and HOST (given I didn’t have MY decorations, MY home, and therefore MY way in exactly how the house looked) was THE thing I was most thankful for!  My girls didn’t judge about the little messes here and there, didn’t say a word about the tiny-tiny oven my Mom has that I’m almost positive was put in when the house was built in the 60’s, and not a single complaint about having to figure out how and use the small gas oven in the motor-home in order to complete our meal.  We made it work, and it came together perfectly.

I suppose this should also be the time to explain who “my girls” are, since I tend to mention them A LOT.  These are my girls:

Thanksgiving holdout!  My hair never looks as cute when I am the hold-out-er. 
Something for me to remember...

Laura, Carolyn, and Katie (who is normally not silver, or a phone) who I just happened to meet and fall in love with years ago when I started working at a furniture store.  I am lucky enough to have many friends that I cherish, a lot of whom I’ve known for 20+ years, but these girls are “my girls” and I couldn’t live without them.  I can’t explain why, but they are somehow my long-lost-sisters and I’m incredibly grateful that after being gone for so long, they still take me in as if it was yesterday we were hosting random luau birthday parties and 80’s themed roller skating bashes!

Enough with the sap.  I’ll leave you with the best explanation as to why these are my girls, and why I am so thankful that this was Mr. and my Thanksgiving 1-1 of 3.
Because sometimes, in the midst of cooking and cleaning, you need to do some impromptu yoga.
And who best to do that with than your girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment