Monday, July 18, 2011

Cheers to a boring workday epiphany...

So I have done NOTHING to help accomplish the last 29 things on my list over this weekend. I spent Friday night reading my book, Saturday morning at the beach (in which I did not get sunburned…or tan for that matter), and all of Sunday watching Modern Family reruns (which were not reruns to me as I just started watching the show...awesome if you haven't seen it.) I know, I have a good 2+ years to complete the list of remaining 29 things...in fact I have exactly 29 months, which means I only need to accomplish ONE thing a month to stay on task, and due to my recent cooking class I'm pretty much an overachiever already!  My gold star is on the fridge.


Today was a mind-numbingly boring day at work, however, which made me sit and think about the things I could/should be doing.  After getting to my desk, turning on the computer to find our systems were down and (worse news) we had no internet, I proceeded to panic a bit.  I kept myself busy for all of twenty minutes tidying up my desk and putting away some boxes from the event this weekend, and then I was out.  I could think of nothing else to occupy my time in the office.  I chit-chatted with a co-worker, ate some leftovers for a quick lunch with Mr., and then I sat.  The slowness led to me reliving my unproductive weekend, which led to me feeling awful about being so unmotivated (see #30 on my list), which led to my epiphany!  I need another list!


Although I won’t be 30 in two months, I WILL be moving from Spain to who-knows-where in two months. TWO MONTHS! Yep, that would be the panic slowly washing in. (Oh, who am I kidding, I’ve been a wreck for months about this and the panic is now officially tsunami-wave status.) On this list of things to do before we are jobless/homeless the move is a bunch of incredibly boring stuff that I will not make you sit through...I don't even want to sit through it.  I will, however, let you all know (or at least my three lovely followers), that I am back on track!  I’m going to kick this week’s butt both at work and at home and then I’m going to celebrate in Ireland!  Slainte!






   

No comments:

Post a Comment