Thursday, July 14, 2011

30 Before I'm 30

I started reading this awesome blog: www.thequeso.com.  Fitting for me, no?  (For those who know me this makes sense.  For those who don’t, I LOVE cheese!)  On this most amazing of blogs, there is another of my favorites…LISTS!  40 things to do before 40, 21 things to do before 6/21/12, what I want to do this year…  I LOVE IT!  Hence my stealing the idea all for myself and making my own list of the 30 things to do before I’m 30.  (I don’t claim to be creative.)  I’m hoping putting this out there for the world (aka my friends and family who choose to actually read my blog) to see will keep me motivated and get me to actually stick to these goals.  I’ve got 2 ½ years to make this happen!




Drum roll please…30 things to do before I’m 30

1.        Take a cooking class (or MANY cooking classes) and actually learn to COOK

2.       Learn to dance (swing preferably because being thrown in the air in cute skirts looks like fun)

3.       Eat at Medieval Times

4.       Convince my niece Nora that I’m the coolest thing since sliced bread.  (Don’t get me wrong Vonnie, but I foresee Michael and Conner telling Masen that Jeff is the coolest one…I’m pretty sure I only stand a chance with Nora…)

5.       Take my girls Ash & Jen out for a sorry-I-missed-it, post-wedding celebration!

6.       Take Jeff to a Thai place to experience Chicken-Pad-Thai ( something I cannot for the life of me cook at home, hence #1)

7.       Learn a lot more about wine

8.       Complete a triathlon

9.       Get my degree!!!

10.   Go to Florida (to of course start my coolest Aunt campaign with Nora, but also to see Harry Potter-Land and Disneyworld)

11.   Go to Hawaii

12.   Go wine tasting in Napa Valley

13.     Be a part of the Breast Cancer 3-Day with Laura & Carolyn

14.   Get professional pictures taken of me and the Mr.

15.   Learn to make home-made ice cream

16.   Get an updated and equally fabulous picture of my girls Laura, Carolyn, and Katie (since the last one I have of all of us is from Thanksgiving 5 years ago!)

17.   Take my cousins out to dinner and get to know them better

18.   Perfect the sun-less tan

19.   Make a cookbook with 30 go-to/easy/healthy recipes

20.   Drive up the coast of California on the 101 with nothing but my husband, a box of Cheez-Its, and some Abba-Zaba’s

21.   Find a reason to wear a pretty dress at least once a month

22.   Purchase real, adult, bedroom furniture (as opposed to our mattress-on-the-ground, Rubbermaid-plastic-drawer-nightstand/dresser look we have going on now)

23.   Frame the Hard-Rock shirts we’ve purchased EVERYWHERE so the collection doesn’t look so sad and useless

24.   Learn to do something with my hair other than straighten-it daily

25.   Finish and purchase the photo-books of our last trips in Europe

26.   Throw a genuine cocktail party

27.   Turn some of our travel-photos into framed prints to put up around the house

28.   Buy a house (or at least be well on our way toward this goal)

29.   Make a home gym

30.   Learn to be easier on myself…maybe I should try meditating…yeah, learn to meditate and do it daily
 

No comments:

Post a Comment