Thursday, June 14, 2012

Math = Greek


There are certain things I will just never understand.

The appeal of Tom Cruise, not having a desire to travel, people who don’t like to read, why they believe distilling whiskey several times will miraculously make it taste better, and math.

Unfortunately for me, I’m taking Probability and Statistics this month. 

It took me over 45 minutes to correctly figure out how to answer ONE question on my homework.  Sunday is my midterm, and there will be 20 questions, and I have only 2 hours to complete it.  I may not be a genius at math, but if it takes me 45 minutes to answer one question, I’m pretty sure the professor should give me 15 hours to complete my midterm…not 2.

(Don't even ask me what the probability of me passing the exam is...I couldn't tell you!)

I was actually feeling great about this class up until this week.  Week 1 was pretty easy …I was understanding math!  But then we moved on to week 2, and the dreaded probability portion of the book.  It should be common sense, but somehow my brain shuts down and no matter how many times I read over the problem and the formulas it looks like it’s written in Greek.
Since when are there exclamation marks in math!?!

Good thing I’m not working this month, because I’m going to need every second of the 6 hours I spend every night on this class and a good deal of luck to pass! 

Cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment