Monday, June 11, 2012

Cheers to Papa and Nana...


This weekend Mr. and I took a quick trip out to Arrowhead to spend a day with my family at our cabin.  Built by my great grandfather Hap in 1926, this cabin has been a special place for my family for years.  It truly is one of the most beautiful places on Earth, which I’m sure is why my Papa and Nana chose it for their final resting place.  We spent the day visiting, remembering, and celebrating, and then we cousins spread their ashes around our little piece of the mountain.


My "brothers" and I!

I was not wearing the shoes for this, but they were cute!  Nana would have approved!

My mom and Aunt Kathy with Lake Arrowhead in the background...gorgeous!

It was a perfect, sunny day and I feel so lucky to have such an amazing group of people I can call family.  Especially Mr., who joined me on the 6 hour drive at midnight after getting off of a 9 hour work day (without me even asking) to spend less than 30 hours at Arrowhead before turning around and coming back to Arizona!  I am one lucky girl!
We were both exhausted, but it was worth it!

Cheers to Papa and Nana; words cannot express how very much you will be missed and how truly grateful I am for the time I had with you both.  I love you both.

And to end the post on a not-so-sad note, here’s some pictures of my cousins daughter, my beautiful “niece” Riley who is almost one!!!  I could take pictures of this kiddo all day!

Too cute!  I love this smile!

Cracks me up!

Riley's "oh my gosh!" face.

No comments:

Post a Comment