Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Proper Roundabout Etiquette

This last weekend Mr. and I went to lunch with Mr.’s brother Mark.  We ate at Pei Wei; it was amazing.

But that isn’t why I’m writing.  We encountered a roundabout!  It is VERY exciting for me because whenever we drive through one in the States I remember the good ole days when we lived in Europe and were employed and had a home and drove through them daily.

This roundabout broke all roundabout etiquette however and I was both amused and a little miffed.

In the MIDDLE of the roundabout as we’re driving through it there was a stop sign.  WHAT!?  Isn’t the whole point of a roundabout to have NO stop signs?

Needless to say I ran right through it.  I didn’t even notice it until I had cruised past it…because there shouldn’t have been one there in the first place.

Of course I didn’t think to break out my camera…but if you’re interested in seeing it and you’re in the Gilbert, Arizona area…it’s on E. Civic Center Drive and S. Gilbert Road.
And if you're not planning your next vacation to Gilbert and would like to check out how a roundabout SHOULD work...check out this link*:
*Thank you Wisonsin for showing us how a proper roundabout works.  (Please note, no stop signs!)
Oh Arizona…I have so much to teach you.

No comments:

Post a Comment