Sunday, March 25, 2012

New Shoes

I hate change.  Whether it’s the moving-across-the-ocean kind of change or the my-bronzer-is-discontinued-so-I-need-to-find-a-new-one kind of change, I just don’t like it.  I’m the person that goes to a restaurant and orders the same thing every time; because I know it’s good so why change?  I’ve tried to change this (ha!), and I’ve attempted to be more go-with-the-flow, but just like having patience, change isn’t one of my many amazing talents.

This is why buying new running shoes yesterday was a momentous occasion for me.  I’ve talked about replacing my good ole running shoes for years now.  Yes, years.  I bought these in high school, and since my 10 year reunion is coming up you can see I’ve had quite a long relationship with these shoes.  They are comfortable, they work fine, and they've stuck with me as I slowly but surely became a runner…but Mr. insisted that I get new ones since they are starting to break down a bit… 

Clearly used...but I love them!

After years of trying on many pairs of shoes, (Mr. has obviously mastered patience), I finally settled on a new pair yesterday.  They are pretty…but they are new so I’m skeptical. 

Pretty awesome running-shoe-glamour-shot if you ask me...

I went on my first run with them today and my feet didn’t hurt, so I guess this new relationship is getting off to a good start.  I’m still keeping my old ones though…just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment